Martinstown House, The Curragh, Co. Kildare
Martinstown House is one of the few Irish buildings by the renowned 19th century architect, Decimus Burton. Built in the 1830’s at the edge of The Curragh, this elegant gothic cottage is surrounded by its own miniature park, with delightful woodland and garden views. The interior has been beautifully furnished and decorated.
It’s a sort of hybrid between a luxury hotel and a private home, embodying the best of both worlds, with all the simple luxuries and attention to detail that will ensure a comfortable stay.
The fine walled garden is ablaze with flowers in summer and provides fresh fruit and vegetables for the table. Edward and Roisin Booth are hands-on owners and engaging hosts, much appreciated by their many guests.
Nearby, The Curragh is internationally renowned as the home of Irish Racing and the Irish thoroughbred industry. In addition to The Curragh, the capital of Irish flat racing, other nearby race courses include Punchestown and Naas, and there are several challenging golf courses within easy reach, including the K Club.
Kildare Cathedral and Round Tower, the National Stud and the Japanese Gardens and a must for all shoppers Kildare Outlet Village are just 5 miles away;
Russborough House and the Wicklow Mountains are within easy reach, and both Dublin and Dublin airport are both within an hour’s drive of Martinstown House.